How To Make Your Own Almond Milk
Almond milk is one of our favourite bases to use with our Morning Mojo smoothies. We recently shared that we make our own at home and have had lots of requests since on just how to make your own almond milk. While you can easily purchase almond milk in stores, there are definitely health benefits to making it at home from fresh ingredients.
What you will need:
– 1 cup of raw almonds
– 3 cups of filtered water
– Thermomix or blender
– Nut bag or muslin cloth
– Place 1 cup of raw almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for 12-24 hours.
– Strain and rinse with fresh water.
– Place soaked almonds in a Thermomix or blender of choice and add 3 cups of filtered water. Blitz for at least 2 minutes on the highest speed.
– Pour into a nut bag or some muslin cloth. Wring the bag out into a bowl or jug to get all the fresh almond milk out.
– Pour into glass bottles, seal and refrigerate.
– Use the leftover almond pulp for raw balls, crackers or other treats.
Voila! You have made your own almond milk free from hidden additives.